Friday, January 06, 2012

I miss coffee...

Well, I figured it was high-time I posted at least a little something so that those faithful few who keep checking back here will know I haven't died from morning sickness.  What follows will probably be some pretty random thoughts, mainly because pregnancy hormones have the unfortunate effect on me so as to pretty much completely destroy all creative and coherent thought.  Hence the lack of posting.

Anyway...here goes...

As a major answer to many prayers, my morning sickness actually seems to be easing off.  *knock on wood...a lot...*  In response to this, I've backed off on my Diclectin, and I'm only taking it in the evenings before bed now.  Maybe this is why my brain feels clear enough to post today.  Hmm...  I hadn't dared hope that I'd start feeling better before at least week 20 because that's how long it took with Kaylee, but here we are, week 15, and I think it's been almost a full week since I've had to make that mad dash for the toilet first thing in the morning.

I'm trying a new recipe for supper tonight.  Further proof that my stomach is cooperating enough that I actually feel like eating something other than mashed potatoes.  Huzzah.  It's a turkey casserole, which we've never had before in this house, so we'll have to see how it turns out and what the response is from the peanut gallery.  I don't have high hopes on the children liking it much.  Oh, well.  I tried.

Tim's run has undergone some slight changes so that he should be home every other weekend now.  Numerous benefits from this, but the one I can think of now is that he'll actually get to come to church with us on occasion.

Well, there goes the timer for supper, so the randomness ends here.  Oh, and the reason for the title?  I really miss my morning coffee, but this pregnancy has totally changed all my tastes around, and the very thought of coffee is enough to make me feel slightly nauseated.  *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment