Friday, April 16, 2004

A much needed break

How good does it feel to have three out of two exams done, to be able to sit down for a few minutes here at my computer and just relax with nothing major hanging over my head! The worst is over. It feels like it's been an absolute eternity since I've been able to truly relax, have some time to myself and not worry about anything. I think I just might have to take a bath...

It never ceases to amaze me how good I've become at taking each day as it comes, not sitting around dwelling on the past or agonizing over the future. Granted, I haven't had a whole lot of time to do those things, yet I've noticed how easy it is to trust God to get you through this day, rather than worrying about the days to come. There's something to be said for living in the moment, dealing with life as it comes to you and leaving the rest for God to handle. We're not the one's in control anyway; and as much as we'd like to be, I'd have to say I think we're far better off letting Him handle everything.

I have good news: I got an email from the registrar's office yesterday, and there is actually a possibility I might be able to swing being in choir next year. (For those who don't know I currently have a class conflict in that area.) But it seems that they're thinking about offering another section of that class because it's already full and they'll need room for the first years coming in...so...here's hoping. I would have appreciated a more solid answer on that one, but this is a start. I can't say that I like having to treat this year like it could be my last year in choir, but there it is...I've got hope again at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment