Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Return...

So I'm finally posting again after being disconnected from the Internet for so very long a time. It has felt like an eternity since I've been able to sit down at my computer and have the time to type something up about what's the deal these days.

The deal these days is work. And that's about it... I pretty much have no life as I am quite exhausted by the time I get home every day, so all I can do is take a shower, eat some food, and veg out for the few hours I have before I need to go to bed in order to rest for the next day of work. I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want to have a life, I must use my weekends for sleeping, and get used to going to work on six hours of sleep or less. Curse that 5:45am wake-up call.

Work itself is unbelievably boring. I have the very great honour of performing mindless labour all day long, including such meaningful tasks as moving one-gallon pots from point A to point B, fertilizing said pots with a little scoop on the end of a long stick, and of course we must not forget that oh-so-high calling of weeding. This does however, leave me with countless hours to be spent silently pondering the mysteries of life. No joke. I really do ponder the mysteries of life, such as, why am I here? What does all this mean? How can I glorify God by pulling out these weeds? Is getting up at 5:45 every morning to do this really worth the money I'm being paid for it? I've yet to come up with an answer to any of these questions, but you can clearly see I have entirely too much time to be thinking about...stuff...

On that happy note, I think I will end this message here. Perhaps now that my computer is up and running I will be able to make more of an effort to blog something more often, probably something along the lines of whatever happens to be occupying my thoughts at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment