Tuesday, May 24, 2005

When gossip hits home...

I am not a person who angers easily. I may get hurt, upset, frustrated, but rarely angry.

At this moment I am so angry I am shaking. Mad is too tame a word to describe what I am feeling. In fact furious is probably closer yet than angry.

The reason for my ire: gossip. I have just heard the most ridiculous lies about someone whom I love...

I now know where they coin the term "blood began to boil". My blood is boiling.

It is incredibly difficult for me to put into words exactly what it is about this situation that pisses me off the most. In the end it all comes down to gossip and hypocrites. The people who passed on these lies are supposed to be Christians... I could kill someone right now! Is this what a Christian community is supposed to be like? This back-stabbing, this ridiculing, this slander, this blatant lack of respect...this lying?!

How can we ever hope to be a witness in the world when within the safety of our own Christian community we can not even trust our fellow believers?!

No comments:

Post a Comment