Friday, August 13, 2010

Easy Chicken & Broccoli

I made this for supper tonight.



I've made this several times before. It's one of my favorite quick and easy recipes. The only thing is that you MUST add salt and pepper or else it ends up totally bland. I usually add two or three pinches of salt (yes, pinches) and about a 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of pepper. Also, I find it works better to wait to add the cheese until you are absolutely certain the rice is cooked all the way through. I don't find the five minutes is quite enough time, so I will often stir it at that point, then let it cook some more. Once it's done, I'll put the cheese on to melt while I set the table to eat and call everyone to sit down. It stays super hot, so you don't have to worry about it cooling down too much too soon after you take it off the stove. DON'T BURN YOUR MOUTH ON THE BROCCOLI!!

2 comments:

Pappy said...

I love how you're blogging so much these days. I always enjoy chicken and broccoli/rice too.

Angela said...

I made this for Dave and I last night! It was yummy...and so easy!!!

Post a Comment