Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Year thoughts...sort of...

I have a few minutes to myself while the kids are in the bath, so I'm quickly getting this post in.  I had hoped to be on the ball and actually do a first post of the new year thing right on January 1, but of course, that didn't happen. I had actually tried to type something up this morning while they were watching Backyardigans and eating their pre-breakfast snack of crackers and dry cereal, but then it didn't turn out at all the way I wanted, so I'm scrapping that attempt and starting over.

It will come as no surprise to you that I haven't really put together any New Year's resolutions or any kind of list of things I'm hoping to accomplish this year.  I've never really been big on the resolutions thing, mostly just because I'm not good at keeping up with them.  If I'm going to change something about my life, having it be the New Year is not really enough motivation to get me to do it.  There's some things that are in the back of my mind that I'd like to work on, like exercising more, and getting back into the habit of keeping my house clean, and blogging more frequently, but I haven't set any specific goals for any of these things.

I suppose if I did have some set goals, it might help me along in actually doing something about these things I'd like to change.  But realistically, I don't see any drastic changes happening any time soon. 

So anyway, that's my rather pathetic attempt at a first post of the year.  Frankly, I'm just trying to get a post in, so I'm sorry it's not particularly inspired today.  Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment