Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So about that flu...

Well, it turns out I don't have the flu. I have mono, at least that's what the doctor thinks. Still waiting to hear back sometime today for confirmation on the blood tests, but at this point it's not the flu and I don't have strep throat. Yay for me. So, I've been off work since Friday, hoping to go back tomorrow, and generally getting very bored with the whole being sick thing. I long for life to go back to some semblance of normal.

In other news, my grandma went to the hospital over the weekend in extreme pain. I guess they found fractures in her spine, and now she's on morphine so if you could keep her in your prayers that would be good. We're not sure when they're planning to send her home and what will happen as far as if my grandpa can take care of her or not. It's just a wait and see at this point.

In still other news, Christmas is less than two weeks away! Hurray! This means lots of turkey, and good times with friends and family, and time off work, and Christmas carols, and happy times remembering that the reason we celebrate this holiday is because Jesus Christ our Saviour was born. In all the business of Christmas shopping and numerous Christmas gatherings, may we never forget the true meaning for our joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment