Monday, January 08, 2007

Of concrete poles and singed fur

I determined that since the new year has come and gone, it was about time for me to update. Various things have occured since I last wrote, including and not limited to car crashes and further bouts of illness, as well as the usual round of family gatherings and turkeys for the holidays. Yes, you read that right. Car crashes. I had the unfortunate experience of being in my first car accident between Christmas and New Years. Double unfortunate, I was making a left turn and even though the other guy ran the red light, no witnesses bothered to stick around to prove it, and therefore according to the laws of insurance in Ontario, I am automatically at fault. Triple unfortunate, we didn't have collision in our policy, so we had to pay out of our pocket for a new car. *sigh* I try not to think about it too much.

Tim has the evening shift tonight, so I'm home alone catching up on blogs and trying to keep our cat from catching itself on fire on our gas stove. I'm not sure why, but she seems to think it's absolutely fascinating to watch pots of water start to boil. I don't think she quite understands the concept of open flames and fur not being a particularly brilliant combination.

This past weekend was a good one. My parents and sister Justine came down to visit so Laura and I could have a chance to see her again before she goes back to Dordt. Much fun was had playing Settlers of Catan and walking to pubs in Hess Village...there's a great story involving a concrete pole jumping out of no where into the middle of the sidewalk, but that's something you'll have to hear directly from the parties involved. ;)

Work continues to be hectic now that the official restructuring has taken place. I no longer work for the CCAC of Halton but the Mississauga Halton CCAC. They finally moved the printer off of my desk which is a decided improvement. But there are still many policies and procedures that need to be worked out, and the general stress level is rather high at this point.

anyway, I'm going to get back to my KD, maybe get some dishes and laundry done tonight, watch some tv...generally veg out...


Sarah said...

I had KD two days ago. I bought it from a foreign food store in the big city 4 hours away, just because I wanted to taste it again. I don't even like it THAT much. :)

lstew said...

we need to hang out some time. maybe after reading break when life isn't so insane.

Post a Comment