Friday, July 15, 2011

His compassions never fail

And God is faithful to provide bright spots of joy to move me through the days, and I can count myself blessed...

seeing the beautiful face of this blue-eyed girl, laughing as she clings to my hands as I tip her down to the ground, ever trusting that I won't let her fall, and then asking for "More, more!" that the game might never end...

for good old-fashioned retail therapy, and actually having some significant success, too...

for long hugs from the man I love...

this monkey boy who loves to dangle from my neck and gets so excited when I ask him to help me take out the recycling...

beautiful summer days with the windows wide open and feeling the breeze ruffle my hair...

and looking forward to loved ones returning home...

an encouraging voice mail message from a friend...

long, hot showers...

for finally returning  to an old friend, who's been sitting in my garage since we moved in last October and sat unused in my living room for months before that, to dust off the keys and pull up a chair and find that some things you never forget, even if you get a bit rusty...

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment