Monday, May 20, 2013

Kick-starting my brain

I've been thinking over the last few days that maybe it's time to start getting more blog posts out there again.  I think it helps to see my Dad blogging so regularly.  It's funny though - when I used to blog so regularly, my brain was constantly thinking of posts to write, and throughout my day to day activities, in the back of my mind I would be writing posts to (hopefully) type up later.

My brain seems to have been shut off because I don't do that so much anymore.  Maybe it's because I'm so tired...

But last night, Nathan had the best sleep he's had since he was an infant, if not the best sleep he's had ever.  His first feeding wasn't until 2:45 -- and he didn't wake up even once before that!!  Frankly, he's a pretty crummy sleeper and usually wakes up several times through the night.  This has given me hope that maybe there is improvement in sight, and maybe I may start being a little less sleep deprived.

Which means maybe my brain will start working properly again.

Or maybe it won't because somehow being a Mommy permanently changes the way your brain works because now you suddenly have to keep track of all kinds of random details about your children that don't really have major significance but still need to be remembered, like diaper schedules and how much food they've been eating and what letter day it is at school today or if they even have school that day.

What's interesting to me is how I've noticed that as I consider re-starting my blogging habit, I am doing more of the post-writing thing in my head the way I used to.  It feels a bit like I'm forcing it instead of it coming naturally the way it used to, but it has me wondering if that is how it is to a certain extent, a habit that I need to re-develop instead of waiting for it to just come.  Maybe my brain just needs a bit of a kick-start.

Maybe I need to change the way I blog a bit, plan out my posts a little more intentionally, or do like Dad, and just write shorter posts.  I do need to write about my garden at some point, hopefully with pictures.  It's changed quite a bit since my last post about it.  Every now and then I make something new in the kitchen, and I keep meaning to take pictures while I cook, so hopefully I can get better at that, too.  Apparently crock pot bread is a real hit, so maybe I can find something else to do in the crock pot that people will like, too.  :)

Anyway, at least for a start, you have a new post for today.  We'll see if I actually get any better at posting regularly...  (I just re-read my post -- there's a lot of "maybes" in here...)

No comments:

Post a Comment