Thursday, May 16, 2013

With sadness...

It's been probably our busiest week of the entire year, and my mind has been anywhere but on everything I've had to do. 

It's hard to focus when I consider the events of the past few days and the nightmare that the Bosma family is experiencing.  My "trials" seem so trivial in comparison.

And somehow, my life keeps moving on.  I keep doing those seeming millions of things that need to be done this week - meetings, parties, prep for All Ontario Youth Convention, Reuben's first field day at school...  But it's all tainted with a bit of sadness, and in the back of mind, I continue in prayers for a woman I've never met, this brave woman who speaks boldly to the public about the her husband that will never be forgotten while choking back tears and asking for prayers for herself and her daughter.

It all hits a little too close to home, and I can't help wondering if I would be so brave if it were me facing such horrific loss.

Please pray with me, that in the days, weeks, months and years ahead God will continue to provide this family with the strength, comfort and peace only He can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment