Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Maternity leave has started

So as of yesterday I am officially on maternity leave. I filled out my application for EI benefits online today, just gotta wait for my ROE from work to bring in so they can process it all and ensure that Tim and I will still be able to pay our bills while I'm home caring for our little one...who isn't here quite yet. But soon. Only about 10 or 11 days (depending on how you number the days) till the due date, and I'm crossing my fingers that it might come a little earlier. I know, I know, first babies are always late...but that doesn't mean I can't hope. So far I'm doing well keeping myself amused at home. Yesterday I did some shopping with my sister for some last minute stuff I was still needing. Today I walked to the library and returned a book that I'd "lost"...read that: "never returned and is more than a year overdue". I know it's pathetic, but for some reason once I started working full time I didn't get many chances to go to the library anymore, so taking out one book just once ended up being dumb because I never went back.

Anyway, what with random shopping trips and afternoon walking excursions, I haven't even really had a chance to tackle my at home projects: laundry and cleaning. Ah, that can wait till tomorrow...eventually I'm sure it will all get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marleah! I'm just saying hi!

Post a Comment