Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reuben is one year old!...yesterday...

So yesterday was busy and I didn't get a chance to post. It was Reuben's birthday and we had some friends over in the evening for burgers and cake. It was a good time.

Today I am having the easy day I hoped for as yesterday was so busy. O didn't get dropped off until almost 10 so I got to have a nap while Reuben and V slept. It is amazing how much better the day goes when you get to have a little nap in the morning. Then O just got picked up early by his grandma, and Reuben and V are back down for their afternoon nap. Not only does this mean I have time to update, but I will probably also get another nap in. This is how the day should be. :)

Slowly but surely I am settling in to having three kids around all day. I am still very thankful to see O and V get picked up at the end of the day, and there are definitely moments where they drive me up the wall, but today for some reason I have had patience to handle it and I am very grateful. I've decided that I do need to find some way of occupying myself on the couch while they play on the floor, because they get cranky if I'm in the kitchen doing dishes or baking too much. I think I might need to learn how to crochet or knit or something. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Reuben's birthday, and posting too! I think I heard it first from Dobson that mothers who are taking care of their children all day need a hobby so that they have a sense of accomplishment. Day after day it's the same feeding, cleaning, washing, dirty diapers, etc. For me a cross stitching project that got finished was something I could see that was done and did not have to be done again. Of course staying at home has purpose, you just don't always see the benefits on a day to day basis, if you know what I mean. Sorry this was so long.
-mum

LStew said...

i think you should take up poetry - haiku, acrostic, limerick, etc. just keep a pad beside the couch - they can be contextual:

some cranky babies
all i want to do is nap
i must pay the bills

or

there once was a baby who shat
right on the top of Tim's hat
he'd eaten some peas
so it was greener than greens
oh the smell of that!

Post a Comment