Monday, April 18, 2011

And two became one...

I'll admit, in the excitement of the moment, I was watching her and not him, but when I remembered to look back at the groom, the obvious look of joy on my brother's face as he watched the woman he loved come down the aisle toward him was unmistakable.  I had tears in my eyes as I watched the two of them standing together gazing at one another after they had said their "I do's" and lit the unity candle.  In most weddings I've been to, the bride and groom will stand side by side looking out at the congregation after they've signed the registry/lit the candle/done whatever symbolic ritual thing.  But at this wedding, the wedding of two incredibly special people, they did it this way, and it was a precious moment to see them filled with such obvious love for one another.

Overall, the weekend and the wedding went very well.  The drives there and back were long, as expected, but my sisters came with me so I had help with the kids, which was awesome.  Reuben was a great little ring-bearer and did his job very well.  Of course, him and Kaylee couldn't sit still during the ceremony, but what do you expect with small children?  I was extremely thankful that we had arranged for them to have a babysitter for the night so we could enjoy the reception.  Which we did.  It was a great time.  I love family weddings because the speeches actually mean something and you actually recognize the photos in the slideshow.  :)  And of course, how could it not be fun to drink wine and dance the night away?

Update on Ang's father: he was able to walk her down the aisle in the end, although he was still in some pain and had limited mobility in his left arm.  The MRI results showed a disc pushing up against a nerve, which may or may not need surgery.  Please continue to pray that he will be able to come to complete healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment