Saturday, August 27, 2011

As the smell of breakfast sausages fills the air...

My morning view has changed somewhat for the last few days.  I get to see lush grass, colorful gardens, and reflections of the sunrise in the window beside me, while Veggie Tales sing their pithy songs in the background.

As much as I wish I could say my backyard has undergone a radical transformation, in truth, the kids and I are visiting my parents while Tim has a crazy work week.

It is always a pleasure to come back to my childhood home.  The kids love their grandparents, and the change of scenery and new-to-them toys mean they're slightly better at keeping themselves on good behavior for a little while.

I love that there's a dishwasher here.

And for some reason that I REALLY need to determine, Reuben has been finally sleeping through the night again, so I can get a full night of uninterrupted sleep.  I'd forgotten how good that feels.

So anyway, part of my lack of inspiration for posting is mostly just because I'm taking a few days to relax. 

The other part is that it's really hard to think of anything good to write when Veggie Tales are blaring away, driving their biblical, albeit distracting messages deep into the creative centers of my brain.  Your loss, my gain?  Maybe we all need to go back and be reminded of these simple truths now and then...  But that's perhaps a post for another day.  When I'm not humming along to songs from my childhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment