Monday, August 08, 2011

Mornings at the kitchen table

My sister gave me her old laptop.  I love having it.

But my mornings will never be the same.

See, I'm not limited to spending my computer time in the office anymore.  Which, this past week, has been a good thing as our office is also our spare bedroom, and it seems to be getting used quite a lot lately.  As in, last week alone, we had people sleeping there on three separate occasions, one of them for two nights in a row.

I know.  I love that we finally have a bed to offer people when they need a place to sleep.

I'm also extremely thankful that I have this laptop because it means I can still check my morning blogs while I attempt to keep Reuben quiet long enough to let said people sleep a little longer than his customary 6AM wakeup time.

And I have to admit, I'm kind of enjoying being able to sit at my kitchen table in the mornings where I can look out the window to the backyard and see the beautiful trees and all the progress we've been making on the yard.  (That's a post for another day when I can finally take some pictures for you.) 

Also, I am that much closer to my coffee maker for the caffeine hit I so desperately need every morning...

2 comments:

Laura Shilton said...

mmm...once you have a laptop it's hard to go back to anything else. And being close to your caffeine is key:)

Alia parker said...

This is a great blog about the kitchen. well done folks. Usually informative and exceptionally interesting. Recently i bought a sheet pan rack inspired by this blog. Much obliged for sharing this article with us.

Post a Comment