Friday, March 25, 2011

Be Still

God has a funny way of telling me to shut up sometimes.  Take yesterday for example.  I was at work, having a moment getting myself a bit worked up in regards to our current church situation, and then the playlist I had going went to the Steven Curtis Chapman song "Be Still".

"Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still, O restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of peace
Let the noise and clamor cease..."

*sigh*  Okay, God.  Shutting up now.

So I stopped my rant-crazed typing and listened to Him speak to me through the words of the song.

"Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed..."

I love being able to hear His voice.  There isn't really any good way to describe the joy that fills my heart when I feel His loving arms come around me, and I can hear Him say, "You are mine.  I love you.  I will never leave you or forsake you."

"Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know He is our Father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still..."

No comments:

Post a Comment