Monday, September 19, 2011

Easy Chicken Parmesan

I found this recipe in my Fall 2011 edition of Kraft's What's Cooking magazine, and I love it.  We've had it twice now, and I think it's going to have a permanent place among my menu options.

Easy Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups pasta sauce
Parmesan grated cheese
mozzarella cheese, shredded
spaghetti noodles

Preheat your oven to 375 F.  Pour the pasta sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish.  Stir in 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and add the chicken breasts, turning them to coat them in the sauce.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes.

Cook the spaghetti.  In the photo here, I actually used linguine, and it worked fine, except that Reuben wouldn't eat it because the noodles were different.  *insert eye-rolling here*

When the chicken has finished baking, top with 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mozzerella cheese and some additional Parmesan cheese.  Bake uncovered for about five minutes.  Serve as shown.

Seriously, this is one of the easiest recipes I've come across yet, and it was delicious.  It's also really easy to halve the recipe if you're not cooking for lots of people.  If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment