Friday, September 30, 2011

It's His Strength

The morning was not getting off to a good start.  I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed or something because I was grumpy.  It's not that the kids had gotten me up extra early; in fact, Reuben didn't come in the room till almost 7.  Maybe it was the rain and grey skies...

Whatever the reason, I was not handling myself well.

The kids weren't listening to "No" and "Not now".  I was snapping at them.  They were yelling back.  I felt like tearing out my hair.

I swore if I heard, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" any longer I would completely lose all sense of sanity.

All I could do was sit in front of my computer at the kitchen table with my head in my hands and cry out to God, "I can't do this!"

And then He answered.

Have you ever had it where you wonder what exactly it means when people say that it's not us doing something, but Christ working in us?  Have you ever wondered what it really means to say that it is His strength that allows us to do things, not our own?

I so know what that means now.

There is no other way that I can explain how one minute I am grouchy and snapping at my children, and the next moment I am able to respond calmly, with grace, and feel joy and anticipation for the day ahead.  That little cry for help, "I can't do this!" and suddenly, all is changed.

My God, His power is great.  And He is so faithful to show up when we need Him the most.  In our weakness, He truly is strong.  Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment