Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birds in the Morning

I have a love/hate relationship with the birds outside my window.

Sometimes, I think they're great.  I love to hear birds chirping, especially in the spring after they've been relatively quiet all winter.  They remind me of those early morning hours when you're camping, when everyone's just starting to wake up, but the birds have been awake for hours.

And sometimes, when it's 3:45, and the birds are so loud they're waking me up with them, I'm ready to buy a gun and shoot them all.  Okay, maybe I wouldn't actually shoot them, but I'd sure like to find a way so that they're not disturbing my slumber quite so much.  It really doesn't help that the branches of my lovely birch tree are directly outside my bedroom window, and said birch tree seems to be the preferred dwelling for several birds.

Because let's be honest here, people, my kids get me up at ridiculous hours as it is.  I don't need endlessly chirping birds ruining my good night's sleep on top of that.

I'd invest in ear plugs, but then I wouldn't be able to hear my children when they wake up.

Wait.  Maybe that's not such a bad idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment