Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Lemon Rosemary Chicken

This is a recipe that I found a few months ago.  It is amazingly delicious and simple.  Not to mention, I always feel like I'm a real cook when I use things like fresh herbs and lemon zest.  :)


You will need a few sprigs of rosemary, a lemon, 2-4 chicken breasts, olive oil, salt and pepper.


Chop 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary and put it in a small bowl.


Add 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper.


Add 1 tsp of lemon zest (about one lemon worth).  Lemon zest is ridiculously hard to measure accurately.


 Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil.  Stir it all together.


Rub the mixture onto all sides of the chicken breasts and place onto your baking pan of choice.  I have cooked these both in covered casserole dishes in the oven and also straight on a baking tray in my toaster oven.  I have yet to determine which way is best.  Cooking times vary depending on how many chicken breasts you use, but for those pictured above, I believe I cooked them in the oven at about 350 for approximately 30-40 minutes.  The trick is not overdoing them because chicken can dry out pretty easily when it's overcooked.

Unfortunately, I don't have a post-cooking picture for you as once the meal was done, I got a little crazy trying to put it all on plates to feed my hungry family.

So there it is in all it's glorious yumminess.  If you try it, I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment