Sunday, October 02, 2011

For Reflection

I was doing some reading in Isaiah last night.  Here's a few favourites:

24 “I am the LORD,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself..." 44:24b

7 I form the light and create darkness,
   I bring prosperity and create disaster;
   I, the LORD, do all these things.
 8 “You heavens above, rain down righteousness;
   let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
   let salvation spring up,
let righteousness grow with it;
   I, the LORD, have created it." 45:7-8 

3 “Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
   all you who remain of the house of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
   and have carried since your birth.
4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
   I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
   I will sustain you and I will rescue you."  46:3-4 


May you remember today that One who has known you since before your birth, this One who sustains you and carries you through every trial, He alone has created all things.  My God, He is great and mighty to save.

Peace to you, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment