Friday, March 26, 2004

His strength, not mine

Once again, when I really should be doing homework, I find myself hard at work procrastinating with this here blog. In truth, homework bores me, and having spent most of this morning trying to motivate myself enough to write a memo for one of my business classes, I'm taking a break. Call it "burn-out prevention" if you will.

Actually, there's something I've been thinking about the past couple of days that I wanted to comment on. Recently I've had a couple of friends tell me how amazed they are with my strength, having seen the way I'm dealing with certain issues in my life on a daily basis. And while I wish with all my heart I could accept the compliment and say, yeah, that's the me, the strong one...I know in my heart I'm not. Rather, it is God who gives me strength, and I should be pointing the glory back to Him. Truth be told most of the time I don't feel very strong at all, and if not for Him, I doubt I would be able to keep going. I myself am amazed as I look back over the past year, wondering how I could possibly have managed to get through all I did, yet I know it was the hand of my Precious Lord that has been guiding me through the valleys to the mountaintops. I owe all I am to Him.

"He is all the strength that I will ever need." ~Mark Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment