Friday, March 05, 2004

Some thoughts...

There's something so amazing about taking just a little bit of time, even a half hour, out of your day to come before God and pray. The school had a prayer vigil tonight that I took part in, and it was such an awesome time. More and more I've come to see the incredible power of prayer, and tonight has only reinforced that. I wish that more people could realize how good it is to make this time for God, and how praying for someone is the greatest gift we could ever give. The half hour just flies by...

We're having an Amsterdam reunion over dinner tomorrow. I'm so excited! I miss everyone and Amsterdam so much... It will be fun to reminisce, relive the memories...(read that: get teased about dancing at the Paradisco...good times of course). What I wouldn't give to go back! Call it a laid-back style of living, call it running away from my problems, but life was a lot easier over there and I miss the freedom more than I thought possible.

I was playing piano in a practice room tonight, and I was struck by the incredible power of music. It's amazing how certain chords and harmonies can just strike you to the very core, allowing you to express feelings that you keep so carefully hidden beneath that thin veneer. I was playing to release, and I ended up releasing more than I'd anticipated...one minute I'm mellowing, the next thing I know I'm banging away on a wedding march (my anger music; it's complicated) venting frustration that I'm not entirely sure where came from. There's something about all the time I spend alone on weekends that tends to put me into an entirely way too introspective mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment