Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The "Get Dressed" Challenge

So I'm giving something new a try.  It's called The "Get Dressed Challenge", and you can check it out by clicking on the cool linky picture here:


The Get Dressed Challenge!


I'm not saying my problem is getting dressed in the morning because, frankly, I don't think I've ever spent all day in my pajamas ever, except once or twice when I've had the flu, nor do I own a pair of comfy sweats that I just love to lounge around in. (Although I do have a couple pairs of jeans with holes in the knees so big I have to navigate my feet around them when I put them on in the morning...)

So for the purposes of this challenge, I'm saying good bye to the hole-y jeans. I found some Christmas money from last year (!!) in an envelope the other day, so I'm going to buy some new pants, hopefully, not jeans, but something like khakis or cords or something.

Also, I will admit, some mornings, I don't actually brush my hair before I put it in a ponytail. This has to end.

And...(cover your ears if you don't want to hear this -- it's slightly shocking)...I probably could stand to shower a little more frequently.

So here's the breakdown of my goals for this challenge:
- get a haircut at some point during the challenge
- stop wearing hole-y jeans/buy new pants
- brush my hair every morning
- shower at least one more time a week than I currently do
- maybe even branch out into wearing (dare I suggest it?) skirts now and then...

There you have it. If you know me in real life, or even just here online, feel free to ask me how it's going. A little accountability goes a long way...

(And for the record, this morning, I got up extra early when Tim and Reuben left to deliver Tim's backhaul, which means not only did I get in that extra shower, but I squeezed in a workout too! Go me!)

2 comments:

Laura Shilton said...

wow! You've already squeezed in a work out and you blogged this morning??!?! I noticed your blog time this morning is 6:36am! I'm totally impressed:).

Justine Teresa said...

sorry, i stopped reading after you said you found last year's christmas money. ;)

send me a pic of the new haircut!!

Post a Comment