Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This trusting thing...

This morning, I am clinging to His truths. This morning, on this day that He has made, I am turning my thoughts toward Him and trusting in His promises, that He never leaves nor forsakes.

May my heart feel the peace I know only He can bring.

Just a simple verse, but when I asked Him for an encouraging word, this is what He brought to mind, "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." Psalm 56:3

I will trust in you.  I will do this.  I will set my mind on Him, and I will cling to His strength, and I will remind myself over and over of His unfailing faithfulness.

Because doesn't His Word also say, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, bring your requests to God."

It's that "with thanksgiving" part that's important.  When we come to Him with our anxieties, with our worries, with our worldly cares, we need to lay them at His feet and then thank Him for everything He has done.  It's this thanking that helps us to set aside our fears as we remember all the ways He has come through for us in the past and all the things He is doing for us in the present, and it is in thanking Him that we can know that He will continue to carry us through whatever faces us in the future.

So I set my mind on thanking Him today.  I will turn my fears over to Him, and I will remember His faithfulness.

And I will trust...

No comments:

Post a Comment