Wednesday, July 31, 2013

All is grace...

Dad and I are taking the Joy Dare.  It's a "dare to live fully right where you are".  We're using the "One Thousand Gifts Journal" by Ann Voskamp to help us out, and by counting three gifts from God each day, we're going to find one thousand of them in a year.

It's my new plan to try and open my eyes to the graces of God that surround me each and every day, even in the mundane.

We started Monday, and I can tell I haven't made this a practice yet.  There's a few difficulties that I've noticed right off the bat.  First, I'm not good at even remembering to keep looking for the ways God shows me He loves me through the day.  Second, when I do remember to keep my eyes open, I'm not very good at recognizing His gifts yet.

On her blog, Ann frequently says, "All is grace."  This is clearly something I need to work on seeing.

So that's what's up.  The plan is to blog about the gifts I find at least once a week.  I'm thinking Mondays will be my day to shoot for because Ann does a link-up on her blog that day for everyone that's doing the count.  I know, today is Wednesday.  We were still in Chatham on Monday morning, and Tim let me sleep in yesterday after the kids had a miserable night.  I'm happy to report it was a bit of a fluke, and Nathan's sleeping habits have actually improved somewhat.  He's slept past 4am three times now!!  A gift to count for sure...

Oh, and if any of you have ever thought about making your own list of 1000 gifts and just haven't found the motivation to do it, won't you consider joining us?  Feel free to let me know in the comments if you do...  :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have been meaning to do this too! I think I'll jump in with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to do this as well. :) - Ang

Post a Comment