Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goat cheese cucumber dip

A while back, Laura and Chris came to my house to hang out one night and play this new game called Dominion.  They brought a snack with them that was a cucumber dip that we ate with regular chips.  I will admit, my first bite, I wasn't sure I liked it.  But the more I ate it, the better it got, and it has become a pretty consistent go-to guilty pleasure for me.  I could easily eat half a plate in one sitting, but I usually try to pace myself a little bit.  Today, I will share the yumminess with you...


Ingredients:
250g goat cheese
Renee's cucumber dill dressing
cucumber
feta cheese


Start by softening the goat cheese in a small bowl.  Depending on the brand you get, this is easier or harder to do.  Then add about 1/3 of the jar of Renee's cucumber dill dressing.  It works out to about 3 large spoons.  It's a bit of a guessing game because you don't want the dip to be too runny, so it's better to start out with less and add a little more if you need to.  (I took a picture, but for some reason it didn't upload from my phone with all the other ones...)


 Spread the mixture evenly onto a plate.


Chop up a bunch of cucumbers into small pieces and lay them on a piece of paper towel.  Blot dry.  I usually fill the one side of the paper towel and fold it over to dry them off, and that's about as much cucumber as I need.


Spread the cucumber evenly over the mixture on the plate.  You can be finicky and put every one just so (like me) or you can just sprinkle them and let them lay where they fall.


Crumble some feta on top.  I usually eat these with regular chips, but apparently you can also use tortilla chips if you prefer.

And there you have it.  The original recipe called for a clove of garlic to be added to the goat cheese mixture, but the one time I tried it that way I didn't like it at all, so I leave it out now.  If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment