Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes I wake up at 3am after sleeping solidly for four and a half hours thinking to myself, "Wow.  So that's what it feels like to get a decent chunk of sleep for a change."

And then sometimes, I finally roll out of bed at 6:30 feeling no different or more rested because I had to spend over two hours after waking up at 3am trying to get Nathan back to sleep.

Sometimes I get angry at my one-year-old when he doesn't go back to sleep after I feed him in the middle of the night.  Sometimes I get angry at God for not doing more to help that one-year-old get back to sleep so I can get more sleep and not be so tired all the time.

Sometimes I remember when Jesus said, "In this world you will have troubles, but take heart.  I have have overcome the world."  Sometimes I remember that He doesn't promise to take away our trials, but He does promise to be with us through them.

And sometimes I forget.  Usually, those sometimes when I forget is the sometimes when I get angry.

Sometimes I need to be reminded that God forgives me anyway.  Sometimes He sends little messages to encourage me.

Sometimes it helps.  Sometimes I need to hear more before it sinks in.

Sometimes I wish I could just go back to remembering what it felt like to get a solid chunk of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment