Friday, July 05, 2013

On kicking the Candy Crush addiction

I'm trying to get back into my morning routine of starting the day by reading blogs and doing some of my own writing again.  If this works out, I might actually manage to post more regularly like I keep saying I'm going to do and never actually keep doing. 

I've realized that starting my day by playing Candy Crush is probably not the best way to get going in the morning.  *insert sheepish grin here*

So today, I'm announcing my intention to change that up and go back to what I did back before I got pregnant with Nathan and had to deal with morning sickness and exhaustion and then he was born and my mornings just got crazy trying to deal with an infant and two other kids, one of whom needed to be on a bus three days a week at 8 o'clock, and I was still exhausted because of lack of sleep -- and really, that hasn't changed -- but I need to do SOMETHING other than being a tired zombie playing on my phone.  I don't want my children to remember me as the mom who was always on her phone.

Maybe being on my laptop isn't much of a change, but it sure is a heck of a lot more productive, and for some reason I don't feel quite as zoned out when I'm reading blogs and writing.  My brain is more engaged, and it's not quite as frustrating when I get interrupted.

My name is Marleah, and I'm addicted to Candy Crush.  But I'm not going to let a game take me away from engaging in my real life.  So I'm putting the phone down in the mornings, and I'm going back to a routine that worked well for me.  Boo-yah.

Hopefully more to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment