Friday, May 20, 2011

Mostly just an update

The sun is finally shining again after what has been a full week of rainy days.  Reuben actually slept in this morning, small miracle, but I'm late getting my morning coffee, and for some reason, extra sleep seems to have the effect of slowing my brain down.  I'd love to have something more inspiring to say, but you'll have to make do with a more update-ish post today.

Prayers are needed.  Reuben has had a cold for about a week, and I had to take him in yesterday to find out that he now also has an ear infection.  He's on antibiotics, but the poor kid really needs God's healing hand on him right now.  He cried for nearly two hours straight the other night because he was in so much pain.  Well, in pain and overtired, which is never a good combination.

I leave for convention tonight, and I'll admit, it's now with some misgivings with Reuben feeling so crummy.  I know he's in good hands with my parents, but I'm also not sure I want to subject them to a sick kid.

That being said, I am still planning to go, and prayers for myself and the rest of the crew would be much appreciated.  All Ontario has a way of being both incredibly uplifting and incredibly exhausting.   Please pray for safety, and strength, and that God's glory will be shown in the work that we are doing.

My coffee is kicking in, and my brain is starting to function again, but I'm going to leave it there. 

"Let the name of the Lord be praised,
both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment